Around Zion - a lonely cyclist

Followers

Saturday, October 6, 2007

An unorthodox analysis of knowledge in a not so typical New Yorker's diary!

"...... Till i'm no one again...

Await the light
embrace the darkness
and scream out to the sky,
watching life pass before me,
And the world I have inside,

I've seen the world, lived it all,
Seen it thru' my eyes,
The blinding shades of laughter,
I can see here as I lie,

As here I lie.......

......HERE I'M NO ONE AGAIN"

--------- "Till I'm no one again, Parikrama"


Once upon a time i used think that knowledge is bliss. The more you know, the more you can share, and the more your skill will grow. Knowledge is of different type, some is useless knowledge, some is redundant and some is crap but again importance of something can be totally depend of perception and u know how people are - they only admit greatness when some authority confirms it!

This is not another memorandum of an indian who will waste a couple KB of web space and 1 hour time to tell you how great is America and how wonderful or blissful the experience is so far!As per Metallica, i can tell - "What i've felt, What I've known, never shined to in what i've shown". So this is an abstract depiction of an abstract idea called difference of knowledge that i have gained so far.

It's been almost 1 month now i'm outside of my four walls of familiar territory, it's not like i haven't been like this before. But that was for 3 months and most importantly i was not alone, some of my best (or worst!) friends were there with me. This experience is different altogether, notr because it's on a totally unkown country, not because it's different situation, but mostly because i don't have people around me i am comfortable with, people that i can click with! And forget about the irony that before coming here i didn't know anybody in here, not even by their face! In a way, it's a wonderful experience - i always like to meet new people and new culture bla bla bla... but deep inside it's still different, i am just trying to be indifferent, at least pretend to be. It's hard, 'cos i can't pretend sometghing i don't feel, but sometimes white lie is better than total pandemonium!

Life goes on. It will be for at least one and half years now. I know it. I just don't know that i know it. Not yet.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still feel that ignorance is bliss and though (or because) I am drunk, I can identify with what you are saying.. then again.. kyun zindagi se ho shikwa geela..

Anonymous said...

its seems lonely sometimes in unfamiliar surroudings..........but familiar itself seems ambiguous to me sometimes.familiar....hmm.sounds like family.but are we actually familiar with those faces we know??.........can we really say we know a person only by stayin with him for a whlie or working as colleagues??......i think the real test of a human begins with his adaptation with the unknown...its a challenge thrown up by evolution......(and as it is continues in diff perspectives in our lives).ignorance transformed into accumulation of greater knowledge is what every individual should strive towards and then only can we proclaim "ONE STEP FOR MAN AND A GIANT LEAP FOR MANKIND" in its truest sense.