Around Zion - a lonely cyclist

Followers

Saturday, April 14, 2007

A 24 someone in the Blogosphere

Yes, i am 24 today. Yes, I am just a year behind for a quarter century! Big deal. This 24 is not 24 hours of my life (I am not Jack Bauer after all!) but 24 years, so If i start writing an autobiography, i might not be able to fit into this limited space. But most importantly, by the time i finish that nasty crap, it won't be my 24 birthday anymore, so i am postponing it for the future, let's say 48 (if i live that long!). If u know me then you should know that procrastination is one of the most favorite thing for me!

This day is somewhat different than the last 23 years of my life - a void - an empty space which i am not authorized to refill by whatever universal justice that controls the universe, at least i don't have any super power (what i know of). But otherwise how it is different from the last 23 years? Let me find out and maybe i will write a comparative study next year! Still being a quasi-optimist, i was looking for a ray of hope which is scattered everywhere, but i have realized that i just have to stop looking for it, then only i can find it. The best way to find something is to stop looking. Period.

What i have learned so far in my humble not-so-important-anyway life? When i write something, when i say something , i have learned that i have to be more careful, because of the YOYOW rule (You Own Your Own Words). I have learned to take responsibility for my own words. Part of my job now is also to take responsibility for other people's work, which i would hate to admit that I kinda like it! (as long as they don't screw it up, making me wanna eat their head!). All kidding aside, Some valuable lessons in life can't be taught, you just have to understand through your own course of actions. I know that. I have experienced that. Though i would say that experience is a marvelous thing that makes me recognize mistake when I repeat it. Probably that's why it's a common saying that never make the same mistake twice, there are so many new one to make! May be if I survive my 48
th b'day, i will describe all the mistakes i have done in reverse chronological order! Till then - no big talk.

So, All i will be doing today is being myself - and that means lazying around the home, i will live my life - another day in the paradise (quite an euphemism it is , i guess!), i will do exactly what i do always - spread the plagiarism everywhere! I will do what i like to do - driving.

"City lights shine on the harbour,
Night has fallen down,
Through the darkness
And the shadow
I will still go on.

Long, long journey
Through the darkness,
Long, long way to go;
But what are miles
Across the ocean
To the heart that's coming home?" - - Long Long Journey, Enya (album: Amarantine)

But if i could do something i really wanted all along - i would just go for a long drive at the outskirt - just enjoy the scenic beauty of the event of horizon.
I wanna live my way and lose my inhibition threshold. Instead i am sitting in front of the dumb terminal and writing this crap which nobody probably will even bother to read. Is that what they called "Blogadiction"?

I think. Therefore I know.

No comments: