Around Zion - a lonely cyclist

Followers

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A Memoir...

Yet another day is gone,
Just the same old work to do,
Just the same old life to live.
Yet life is somehow different to me,
A feeling of emptiness has prevailed,
Are you the reason??
I hope not, ‘cos outside it’s the same,
At least that’s what I’m trying to show.
But deep down I know
I just need you.

So many memories, so much laughter,
Our life was a blast,
Now it’s a cliché, it’s somehow void,
Though I’m pretending that’s not true.
Life goes on; life takes away people you care about,
Reality is an illusion created by lack of alcohol.
People come and people go, but…
No one can replace you.

Who can say where the road goes?
Who can say if there’s life after death?
I’m on my way pops, I have to be,
It’s just that…
I’m missing you...

No comments: